Ultimate HarmonyPosted: August 16, 2020 Filed under: Governance Reform | Tags: culture, economics, education, health, philosophy, politics, psychology, reform, religion, systems, transformation Leave a comment
The ultimate purpose and measure of mental, emotional, and spiritual health is a Harmonious Self, where each Part relates constructively to the Other.
The ultimate purpose and measure of political, economic, and cultural health is a similarly Harmonious Society.
The ultimate purpose and measure of parenting, education and religion is our ability to become Harmonious Selves who co-construct more Harmonious Societies. Read the rest of this entry »
8 Design Principles for Self-GovernancePosted: November 2, 2016 Filed under: Governance Reform | Tags: commons, economics Leave a comment
From Elinor Ostrom via Evonomics.
Eight core design principles:
- Clearly defined boundaries
- Proportional equivalence between benefits and costs
- Collective choice arrangements
- Graduated sanctions
- Fast and fair conflict resolution
- Local autonomy
- Appropriate relations with other tiers of rule-making authority (polycentric governance).