Making of a Revolutionary Ruckus
April 1st, 2040 AD
By Ernest Prabhakar and Colin Keeler
- Greetings, digital athletes! Today is April 1st, 2040 AD. I’m Tim O’Lee, normally host of D-Sports DeCenter on the Decentralized Sport Programming Network (DSPN). This week I am honored to moderate a Retrospective Roundtable for the Twentieth Anniversary Celebration of The Great Decentralization of 2020, the Annus Mirabilis which led to the futuristic world we live in today.
Our sponsor the JRE Foundation has assembled a blue-ribbon panel, live via hologram, to identify the key innovations that brought us to this place. Panelists, please introduce yourselves, starting with Flo on my virtual right.
- Hi everyone, my name is Flo Knight, CEO of Fly By Knight drone delivery services, and I will be speaking about Healthcare.
- I guess I’m next. I’m Dewey C. Howe, but my friends call me Dew. I used to be a Professor, but now I’m what they call a Mentor at the Muniversity of DeKalb’s Active Learning Service, so I’ll be discussing the changes in Education.
- Great to meet you, Dew! I’m a big fan of your sim on how to institutionalize a culture of perpetual transformation. This is Abe Wash here, and I’ll be talking Politics, probably because of my work as the federal Chief Resilience Officer during the Groening administration.
- Which leaves me to cover Business. Ben Bern, honored to serve as Chairman of the New York Stewardship Exchange.
- Thanks, everyone. For our first question, I want you to imagine you are speaking to a modern Rip van Winkle who had fallen asleep during the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic two decades ago, and just woke up yesterday. What would you each say was the single most important tipping point that eventually led the total transformation of your discipline?
Update: Truth Bowl is now Fish Bowl. Watch the videos to learn why:
For more details, please visit https://analogbootcamps.wordpress.com
Thursday 8/29 at 3PM Pacific will be our fourth public beta of Truth Bowl:
Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/2960092796
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,2960092796# US (San Jose)
Dial manually: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) Meeting ID: 296 009 2796
This week we are experimenting with a new format inspired by Shark Tank: