Truth Bowl Beta 4: Alternative Models of Education (2019-08-29 Finale)Posted: August 28, 2019 Filed under: Truth Bowl | Tags: business, competition, education, entrepreneurship Leave a comment
Update: Truth Bowl is now Fish Bowl. Watch the videos to learn why:
For more details, please visit https://analogbootcamps.wordpress.com
Thursday 8/29 at 3PM Pacific will be our fourth public beta of Truth Bowl:
Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/2960092796
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,2960092796# US (San Jose)
Dial manually: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) Meeting ID: 296 009 2796
This week we are experimenting with a new format inspired by Shark Tank:
- Instead of a Question, we have a Challenge (e.g., “New models of Education that better prepare students for the future”).
- The Activist (Ernie) will present a short Pitch on that to a panel of Investors.
- The Investors will ask Clarifying Questions before the Activist is sequestered
- The Investors will discuss Concerns and Suggestions, perhaps divvying them up.
- Each Investor enters a Preliminary Score for the Activist’s Chance of success
- The Activist will come back, and respond to each Investor’s Feedback in turn
- The Activist gets a break to prepare, then Responds to the Feedback
- The Investors update to a Final Score
In a Tournament, the highest scoring Activists in each Round advance towards the Finals, where Celebrity Investors award actual cash prizes to the most credible Activists.