Andy Stanley’s Five Question Decision FilterPosted: March 16, 2021 Filed under: Governance Reform | Tags: decisions, deliberation, policy Leave a comment
Andy Stanley 5 questions Christians should ask before decision – The Christian Post
- First, people should ask themselves, “Why am I doing this?”
- Second, it’s important to ask, “What story do I want to tell?” — in other words, think “ultimate rather than immediate.”
- Third, he advised asking, “Is there a tension that deserves my attention?”
- The fourth question believers should ask is: “What is the wise thing to do?”
— “In light of my past experience, what is the wise thing for me to do?
— In light of my current circumstances and state of mind, what is the wise thing for me to do?
— In light of my future hopes and dreams, what is the wise thing for me to do?”
- Finally, the pastor encouraged people to ask themselves, “What does love require of me?”