Six Ways to Out-Think the FuturePosted: April 30, 2020
Pre-paying the “Crisis Mode Cost”
To prepare for times of danger, uncertainty, or extraordinary opportunity, we must cultivate these six habits of mind in order to win the future (#WTF) by bridging the gap between Snow’s two cultures.
Mnemonic: CriSys MoDe CoSt
(Pronounced “Chris’s Ma DeCost”)
- CRItical Thinking: All is not as it seems
- SYStems Thinking: Relationships and values define entities
- MOdel thinking: Digital snapshots of analog reality
- DEsign Thinking: Iterative listening produces transformation
- COmputational Thinking: Algorithms always lose, but never lie.
- STudio Thinking: Wisely follow your heart